Natasha's Solo Performance

Natasha Nicholls' Place of Escape

Other Performances

May25

Over the performance period, I went to see many other solo shows.  The ones that I saw were all so unique and so very different from one another,  it was very refreshing to see.  One performance I saw reminded me a little of my own piece in that the performer dipped in and out of the world of reality into a fantasy world, based on the power of the imagination.  The piece was Martyn Bignell’s and my favourite moment was when he created a ‘rescue the damsel in distress’ scene with a pencil and rubber which really transported me into thinking that these items of stationery were actually, for a moment, people! It reminded me of such scenes as seen in Shrek or Toy Story 3 and was really lighthearted and funny.

The second piece I saw that I really enjoyed was Sam Davis’ performance.  I worked with Sam in second year as part of a group for a devised performance and to see him perform, in a way that I hadn’t seen before, was so lovely! I had such a smile on my face throughout! He was so humourous and so confident, intertwining this element of control through voiceover with an act of rebellion through his ‘masculinity’ that was quietly, but so effectively, defiant of his stereotype.  It was charming.

What I found truly touching, for each of the shows I saw, was the turnout. Every solo performer had such a large (dependent on capacity) and supportive audience that truly reflected how tight-knit of a year group we actually are.

by posted under Reflection | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment: